Saturday, November 01, 2003

Palestinians vs. RIAA

Via Tyler Cowen of the Volokh Conspiracy, I see that the most popular on-line file-sharing network is now Earth Station 5 based in the West Bank's Jenin Refugee Camp. It averages 15 million people on-line at any given time, and when warned that they were violating copyrights, offered a fiery response, which included the line "The next revolution in P2P file sharing is upon you. Resistance is futile and we are now in control." Cowen mentions some of the facets of all this, though I will say the potential for anti-Israel pop-up ads strikes me as a good thing, since I'd rather see the anti-Israel money go to a file sharing network than some other organizations I could name.

Incidentally, for good insights on the file-sharing world from an often legal perspective, be sure to check out Joe Gratz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home