Friday, September 12, 2003

Stress

Don't expect any substantive posting today...I'm far too tired and preoccupied. Last night I was kept awake by noisy neighbors, and even after they finally went to bed I couldn't sleep because I'd become caught up in that sometimes dreadful activity known as thinking. The amount of work I have to do over the next month looks truly over-whelming, though I know it won't be, and some of it - like applying for the grants necessary to do my dissertation - is pretty important to my future. I haven't gotten much workish work done today because I've been too caught up with those, which means I'm going to need to play catch-up in the office next week. I can't decide whether I most feel like hanging out with a friend, which I haven't done in awhile, or just curling up and relaxing in my apartment with some pleasant but academically relevant book that will make me feel I'm getting something done. I'll probably do both before the day's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home