Thursday, September 11, 2003

September 11

I could post something about the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center. But, two years later, it seems the issue has already been overtaken by politics. A Smarter Cop would probably accuse me of spitting on the graves of those who died, while some commenters on this Daily Kos thread would probably accuse me of turning the world against the U.S. or something else. I was not directly involved in the events, and I will not use them as a springboard to condemn my political opponents. Perhaps one day, there will be a holiday commemorating those Americans such as the police officers and firefighters who daily put their lives on the line to help ensure that all of us live a safer life, even when the danger is from more than a local thief or arsonist.

For now, I will say nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home