Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Fulbright Applications

Posting has been slow because I'm buried under a ton of work, not least because of the imminent deadline for my Fulbright application. I've been feeling a lot better about my Arabic lately, so I'm not worried about my ability to do research. But at the top of the language reference form, it says: "You should be able to follow university lectures in the foreign language, participate in seminar discussion, take notes, and understand written material in your field. Specifically, what are you doing now and what are you planning to do to bring your language facility to this point?"

Well, actually, I don't need to do all that, I just need to read medieval texts and function in daily life. So how do I handle the rest? Yet another question to ask my advisor and the campus coordinator, I guess...

In addition to this, I'm working on our program's Title VI-A application (federal funding for undergraduate area studies curriculum development) and coordinating a lecture series, with a probably visit by Reza Pahlavi looming on deck. But things should settle down soon. It feels odd that the end of the semester is no longer the busiest time for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home