Sunday, May 04, 2008

Dissertations

One reason blogging is slow is that I leave Israel May 10 and defend my dissertation May 12. While my work has been defensible for some time, I still feel compelled to keep at it, not only because it's less work I'll have to do later, but because I know a few people in the field are actually interested in reading my dissertation, and I want to make sure it's as useful as possible.

It was thus with personal interest that I followed this link to David Sirota's comments on pre-publication anxiety. The marketplace isn't a factor, but as the one who probably knows the most about the subject, I see the flaws in my own work, and expect others will find flaws from their own perspectives. Because I've put so much work into it, telling myself that it's a dissertation and not a book seems like a cop-out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home