Thursday, April 17, 2008

April

This is exactly where I am right now:
"For everyone else, April is the month where nature springs back to life, love is in the air, pleasant days and good feelings.

"I feel like in the academic calendar, April is the equivalent of winter. The year is dying, disappointments abound, there is frantic work to harvest whatever is left of this year’s efforts. I can’t remember an April since I began work as a professor where I felt relaxed and in control, except years when I was on leave. I always stumble into May out of energy, horribly behind in everything. I think I see the same in at least some of my students and many of my colleagues."

I enjoyed last April, as I was set for another year of fellowship in my future. That may be a unique experience since I began my formal education.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home