Friday, May 07, 2004

Reason for Happiness

Well, my panel went well today - extremely well. The topic was "Teaching Early Islam," and I got the idea last year when some European medievalists commented to me that they were having to teach about medieval Islam and unsure of what they were doing. So I had the idea of getting some people together to talk about the issues. And despite my fears no one would show up and I'd have to apologize for the lack of audience, it was as full as most sessions here optimally aspire to be. The presenters - Leonard Biallas from Quincy University, Jeff Stanzler and Michael Fahy from the University of Michigan, and Kate Lang from University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire - were all excellent, and eager to be there. And not only did things run slightly over the usual half-hour question period before presider Adam Sabra from Western Michigan University called an end, but lots of people stuck around another half hour for informal conversation on the subject. I am so happy! Thanks to anyone who came and happens to read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home