Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Gads

So why, exactly, did I decide to leave for Morocco right after the end of the academic year? Since I'm a dissertator that shouldn't matter, but it feels like it does for some reason. Today I made a lot of progress in preparing, as I discovered how to cross London to get from Heathrow to Gatwick, got my International Student Identity Card, figured out that Volume V of al-Baladhuri's Genealogy of Notables would probably keep me busy for most of my stay there, made an appointment to see the international travel doctor, and decided to take a CTM bus from Tangier to Fez. Still, there always seems to be something new to figure out. Where did I stick my immunization records, since they don't seem to be in my wallet? Will I be able to see Jordan and/or Kristin? What kind of film should I put in my camera? What's up with the Moroccan verb conjugations? What do I make of the Lonely Planet transliterations of Moroccan pronounciation? Answers coming soon, I hope...

Of course, judging from today's posts by Abu Aardvark, Kristin, and Jonathan Dresner, it could be worse. I could have papers to grade instead of just work meetings, a conference this weekend, and my brother's graduation next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home