Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Bargaining Sessions

Here are short accounts of the recent bargaining sessions related to the UW labor issue, for those interested. It does not yet include Monday's session. Here is the university press release.

Incidentally, I should add that because Middle East Studies doesn't have much funding, we don't have department status, and I am employed by the International Institute. Because the II falls below a minimum number of affected employees (I'm not close enough to the gory details to remember what the figures are), we are exempted from actually striking. Since I set my own hours anyway, the whole concept is meaningless. I just thought I'd come clean with that, lest I leave a false impression of my relationship to the events. I still don't plan to cross any picket lines.

UPDATE: Here's an article from the TAA on where things now stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home