Saturday, January 31, 2004

Today

Today I went to Beaver Dam, Wisconsin to moderate in the Wayland Academy High School Quiz Bowl Tournament. It was a lot of fun - at the UW tournaments I tend to work in tournament central, and don't get to see actual matches. Wisconsin quiz bowl has really taken off. There were two teams there I'd never seen before, Wild Rose and Wausau West, and the level of interest from the existing schools was much greater, as most rooms had parental spectators. The winner was Conserve School A, which defeated Wayland Academy A in a match I got to moderate.

I did get there a bit later than I had wanted, as I forgot just how long it takes to get out of Madison heading out on US-151. On the way back, though, I finally did an experiment I've been meaning to, and determined that to reach my apartment on the west side taking the US-151 exit into Madison makes for about a 5-10 minute longer trip than driving down to the beltline and exiting later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home