Saturday, December 13, 2003

Poinsettias, Etc.

Perhaps because I come from the midwest, I've never really gotten into poinsettias as a Christmas symbol. There is, however, an interesting story which goes with these flores de noche buena.

Winter has fully arrived in Madison, with single-digit temperatures and snow in the forecast to join that already on the ground. I freely admit I like winter, at least during the winter season. People complain about snow mainly, I think, because they have to drive in it, but it's also much more beautiful to look at than a bunch of dead grass. Besides, winter should be about kids building snowmen and having snowball fights as much as anything else. That's worth a bit of slow driving now and then, as long as you don't get into an accident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home