Thursday, December 25, 2003

Christmas

Christmas stuff appears to be winding down over here. My bayberry candle is burning at a pretty good clip, thus ensuring I will have good luck in the coming year. Christmas was a bit more mobile for us than usual: Due to logistical reasons, my grandmother can no longer get into our house, so yesterday we took her out to dinner at a local restaurant and then over to see her sister-in-law (now de facto sister), my Great Aunt Mary, whom I also hadn't seen in ages. Then this afternoon we took grandma's presents to her in the retirement home, along with a cell phone so she could call out-of-town relatives. My brother and I also stopped to say "hi" to our old music teacher's widow, who didn't have anyone around for the holidays. Christmas Eve and Christmas morning stuff followed our usual patterns. I was especially happy with the cookie jar I gave my mother.

Regular news-related blogging will resume either tomorrow or Saturday, depending on life. Until then, I will either be perusing the Babylon 5 complete third season DVD or poking around with a computer game my brother gave me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home