Friday, October 17, 2003

Title VI

Congress is currently looking at legislation to place Title VI, the primary program which makes it possible for students at American universities to study the rest of the world, under more direct government scrutiny with an aim of influencing its content. I haven't said much on this because right now I'm working on UW's Title VI application, and figure there might be some obscure conflict of interest or something. However, I've noted Martin Kramer's latest post on the subject has a clear factual error I thought I'd correct. He says that, "Universities use Title VI money to produce more academics—and nothing else." Leaving aside the fact that at the college level you need to produce academics or there are no more classes, the grant I'm writing is a Title VI-A award geared exclusively toward undergraduate education with a strong component in less commonly taught languages such as Arabic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home