Saturday, October 25, 2003

More on anti-Semitism

I just want to point to this post on Pejmanesque as an excuse to say one more thing on this subject: I seek to find explanations for anti-Semitism in the Islamic world, not to justify it, but because I believe that understanding where it comes from will suggest ways to both stop it from spreading and root it out where it is found. Pejman's suggestion is, "Whaddaya all say we denounce in the strongest terms possible such hate, make it as unacceptable as our power permits, and perhaps--just perhaps--change a few minds in the process?" Fine: If I haven't said so yet, I denounce the deplorable comments made about Jews by Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Muhammad, and urge Muslim leaders to be less tolerant of such things in the future. Unfortunately, I don't see my blog as that influential among the target audience, so hoping to accomplish something, I'll just continue trying to describe and understand the problem in the hopes the ensuing discussion might prove fruitful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home