Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Career News

I've mentioned my job search on here before, so I might as well go ahead and post that it's been evident for about two weeks that my search for a tenure-track position this year has failed. The reasons undoubtedly vary from institution to institution, but the most consistent issues were my lack of experience teaching world history and/or modern Middle Eastern history. Because the huge drop-off in interest came between preliminary interviews and campus visits, there may also have been an expense issue when they looked at bringing someone in from Jerusalem. I'm now on the market for temporary positions, and still feel optimistic I'll land somewhere.

On the other side of things, today I got the proofs of my first peer-reviewed article. If you are a young aspiring academic, this is terribly exciting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home