Thursday, March 30, 2006

Carroll Released

Who says there's no good news out of Iraq?
"Kidnapped U.S. reporter and Ann Arbor native Jill Carroll has been released and is in good condition after being held nearly three months by captors in Iraq who had threatened to kill her if their demands were not met.

"Carroll's mother, Mary Beth Carroll, told the Free Press she talked to her daughter this morning from her home in Illinois.

"'We are just thrilled,' Mary Beth Carroll said...

"According to the Associated Press, Carroll had a brief interview on Baghdad television Thursday morning, saying she 'was treated well, but I don’t know why I was kidnapped.'

"'They never hit me. They never even threatened to hit me,' said Carroll, who was wearing a light green Islamic headscarf and a gray Arabic robe.

"'I’m just happy to be free. I want to be with my family,' she was heard to say under the Arabic voiceover. 'I felt I was not free. It was difficult because I didn’t know what would happen to me.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home