Sunday, December 11, 2005

Wisconsin HS Quiz Bowl

Yesterday marked the annual University of Wisconsin NAQT High School Pre-Winter Quiz Bowl Tournament. After bubbling under last year (1, 2), LaCrosse Logan simply dominated this tournament. Some similarity can be drawn between team points per game averages and baseball batting averages, and Logan finished round robin play with a gaudy 395 ppg, over a hundred points more than their closest competitors in that category. Their opponents' ppg average was also down in the 90's, I think. They stayed undefeated right through the championship, where they swept perennial contenders Conserve School. LaCrosse Logan's B team also came on strong in winning third place over Rufus King High School from Milwaukee.

Normally in these posts I've thanked all the people who helped, but this year I've finally stepped back from running things, and there's been enough turnover that I don't really know who all the people involved were. So instead let me commend my successor as UW Quiz Bowl's High School Operations Director, Eli Morris-Heft, for a smooth-running tournament.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home