Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Daniel Drezner

Via Ralph Luker, I find this article about Daniel Drezner's unfortunate denial of tenure at the University of Chicago. I haven't seen anyone mention what always seemed to me the most career-threatening aspect of his blog, his supermodel blogging. Maybe I've just been in exceptionally sensitive environments, but in today's academy that's what I would fear to imitate most among his topics.

This should not be taken as an actual theory of why he was denied tenure - I think the reasons for that are unknowable without actually being there - but rather just another thing to think about. I have confidence that Drezner has a great career ahead of him, wherever he goes. His raw talent at both research and communication will see to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home