Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Other Sgrenas

The shooting of Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena led NBC's nightly newscast, but as A Star from Mosul points out, it happens to Iraqis all the time:
This happens (believe it or not) almost everyday.. My brother-in-law's father, my classmate's aunt, my classmate's uncle, my classmate's brother, my teacher's son-in-law and many many others.. Surely can't be all counted. But, according to the US, it was just a mistake, and we're sorry. The family of those who are killed will never forget who killed their relative, they'll never understand why, and they'll suffer to get the death's certificate. The soldier who shot will have nightmares, but he was well-trained, and that's what matters!"

If you want the American media to notice you, it helps to be White.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home