Monday, December 27, 2004

Travel in Islam

I've been taking an unplanned blogging break lately, but this post on travel in Islam caused me to snap out of it. I suffer from chronic wanderlust - often controlled, but never fully cured. I've also found a spiritual dimension to most trips I've taken for the past six years. As a student, I regard travel as important to my understanding of the world - talib, the Arabic for "student," literally means "seeker" and hearkens back to the days when students would literally wander the Middle East in search of the best teachers.

For those interested in a whole book on this issue, however, I can recommend Pilgrim by Leonard Biallas, one of the featured books on my sidebar. His lectures on the subject are the reason I'm so specific with the "six years" mentioned above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home