Friday, October 08, 2004

Tonight's Debate

I don't agree with the line coming from CNN and MSNBC that the debate was a draw. That has to be the effect of Bush exceeding his last performance. The President had his moments, but there were so many times when Kerry would reply effectively to a Bush attack and the President would be completely unconvincing in sticking to it. Regardless of my own stands, I see the partial birth abortion ban and drug importation from Canada as two examples of this. Bush also looked desperate at times, ranting about health care rationing and caught way off balance by his timber income. Kerry was effective, and I could easily picture him leading the country. While I have always been voting for him, I have not generally been enthusiastic.

Incidentally, I was invited to three debate watching parties tonight. I don't remember any in 2000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home