Monday, September 13, 2004

September 11 Blogging

Imshin takes American bloggers to task for not doing more on September 11. As someone who did exactly nothing, my reason is that thanks to the Presidential election, I've been thinking about terrorism and related issues rather steadily for months. In fact, in this context, the event seems more like a campaign issue, and even more than last year it seems like anything non-standard I had to say would have been seen as divisive rather than commemorative. In emotional terms, I haven't had any new revelations or feelings related to the attacks during the past year, anyway. For me, it's become part of the general problem of global terrorism, and as regular readers know, I talk about that all the time. Maybe Imshin's right and I should have put up some simple memorial post or something, but there you have it.

UPDATE: This is an example of what I mean. I agree with it, but is this really what people have in mind when they say commemorate September 11?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home