Thursday, February 19, 2004

Sirens

Tonight I went to the grocery store to get milk. On the way home, I saw a fire engine in my rearview mirror, so to save the hassle of having to stop and everything while it passed, I turned off onto the side street where I live about a block before I normally do. Shortly thereafter, I started smelling something hot, and wondered if there were a problem with my car heater, but before I could really worry, I heard sirens and saw the fire engine coming straight at me on my just-barely-two-lane street. I pulled over, and then was almost boxed in as it stopped right by where I had. All well - it apparently wasn't a huge fire, as there was no evidence of it on the outside of the building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home