Friday, November 14, 2003

Imshin on Haaretz

Non-piscean Israeli blogger Imshin has some comments on the English version of Haaretz, to which I link regularly. Her point (I think) is that the paper has a strong liberal and pro-peace bias that puts it outside the Israeli mainstream, perhaps a bit like NPR in the United States. On the UW Middle East Studies web site we have media page which links to a semi-random sampling of news sources from around the region, including Israel. To be honest, the main reasons I go mainly to Haaretz are the fact those labelled "centrist" tend to be in Hebrew, Arutz Sheva would drive me up the wall (a corollary to the unspoken fact I tend to agree with Haaretz), and every time I try to read the Jerusalem Post it seems like I have some technical issue of one kind or another. Still, if anyone has a solid English-language "mainstream" Israeli news source they'd recommend, I'd like to find out about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home