Wednesday, October 08, 2003

The Things Professors Say

Katherine of Not for Sheep has posted a collection of quotes by her law professors, a number of which are fairly amusing. It reminded me of my Quincy University English days, when two friends of mine began writing down a similar list of quotes from our Chaucer professor, which they proceeded to put into a book and present to him at the end of the year department party.

Unfortunately, I don't remember any of those, but I do have a T-shirt from when they did the same thing next year with an American lit prof who was retiring. They're not quite as funny - most of them you have to know personalities and context - but a sample would be, "I have no idea what your ethnic origins are...other than smart ass" and "Bless you, bless you child...no, I don't mean that." The real treat to quote, though, would have been my Middle Eastern Political Systems professor. Tragically, the only quote from him I can recall right now is, "Saddam Hussein is the enlarged prostate of the Iraqi oil business," but his biting sense of humor pretty much reached every side of every issue in the region for the past fifty years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home