Tuesday, July 08, 2003

According to this, Spike Lee's lawsuit against the network formerly known as TNN was partly because, "I don't want to be associated with that Stripperella crap." Somehow I never thought I'd find myself in such agreement with Lee. I suppose it's no different than a restaurant like Hooter's, but then I boycott them, too. When human beings become little more than caricatures used in fantasies of orgasmic pleasure, it is an offense not only to the women who must live as demeaned objects of the male gaze, but to all who believe that God created us as uniquely valuable individuals that we might contribute to the world from our flowering innate specialness. There are healthy ways to approach sexuality, and there is crass exploitation, and when it comes to the latter, I will resist it to the last breath of my dying day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home